Innovative City Convention 2013
Nice·18 & 19 juin 2013
Présentation de Hervé RANNOU
- Etudes: Items International, CEO Smart Grids Consulting, Consortium Manager
- Hervé RANNOU
Graduate in mathematics, he began his career at France Telecom in 1981 in the field of the public infrastructure networks. Then, he worked for DAFSA (a Company working on Financial and Stock exchange Information) where he directed a project of stock exchange information international network in real time. He then joined the consulting company IBSI in 1986 – within an entity that separated from the head office to set up the AUSY group – he carried out many missions in the field of networks and telecommunications for tertiary and industrial companies, as well as for administrations. He took-over the Management of the Consulting Activity in 1990, and since then directed, various missions for users companies and operators. As a consultant with France Telecom, he worked on RENATER network, the French IP Research Network in 1992.
In addition and parallel to AUSY, he launched ITEMS INTERNATIONAL in 1994 in the perspective of telecom deregulation with Dr Sylviane Toporkoff. As a consultant with telecom operators and ICT players, he developed activities on Telecom, Internet and Mobile technologies and services (France Telecom / Orange, Vivendi, BT, Telecom Italia …).
He developed expertise and carried out studies, benchmarks, due diligences on different issues: Broadband including PPP and business models, Mobile technologies and services, e-Government Architecture (national and local levels), Software Industry, Standardization, Digital TV/Mobile TV.
In 2008, he assisted the French Government in the framework of the French Presidency of European Union to prepare a International Conference + Ministerial Conference on the “Internet of the Future – Internet of Things”.
In 2009, he launched a new branch on “smart energy”. ITEMS developed a specific expertise on Smart Grids Technologies, Electric Vehicle and perspectives for cities. He setup a partnership with One North East in North East of England. He launched Smart Grids Consulting in 2011, an international consortium that brings together experts in Europe, the USA and Japan.
In 2011-2012, he is carrying out a strategic study on the Smart Grids value chain with clusters “Cap Energies” and “SCS” in PACA Region. At the same time, he has been running various studies on Smart Cities issues by drawing up his cross expertise in Smart Grids, Digital Technologies, Mobility and local e-Services (like Lyon).
He is member of the Board of the Arab Platform for Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency (APFREE), which is a new initiative launched in may 2012 by Arab countries.
- « North and south digital: Digital public strategies » with Dr. Sylviane Toporkoff, ITEMS INTERNATIONAL and Jean-François Soupizet, European Commission, 2002
- « Broadband », French White Book in coordination with Institutions, and market players. Herve Rannou was in charge of « Broadband modeling », 2003
- The Software Industry, with Maurice Ronai (2004), Published by CSTI (Conseil Stratégique des Technologies de l’Information),
- Clusters of Competitiveness, Annales des Mines, 2006,
- e-Government Architectures, United Nations / CEPAL, 2007
- Beyond e-Government, PTI (USA), Février 2008
- The Smart Energy frontier, Le jaune et le Rouge, April 2012